RARA-AVIS: Caunitz, TCM, and Cape Fear

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 11 Sep 2002

----- Original Message ----- JIM DOHERTY said:
> Caunitz's penultimate book, PIGTOWN, about a Brooklyn
> squad commander whose investigation into a gang
> killing uncovers a cabal of high-ranking crooked cops,
> is, in my opinion, his best. It's hero, squad
> commander Matt Stuart, returned in Caunitz's
> posthumoulsy published CHAINS OF COMMAND, which was
> completed by another popular procedural novelist,
> Christopher Newman, author of the Joe Dante series.

********* Oh yeah! I was trying to recall the name of both the author and the book. I thought it was pretty good. Its been a long time though. The part I remember best was some pretty raw sex between Matt and some other high ranking official... I think they called her the "Ice Princess" or something like that. Evidently, Pigtown was a reference to way back when that area of New York was still farmland.

By the way, everybody... just seen that Cape Fear is gonna be on TBS 8PM Sunday night. The new one with Nick Nolte and Robert DeNiro.

And where can I get a guide that tells me what's on TCM? The guide that comes with our newspaper doesn't have the station. Would a TV Guide do it? I'm pissed that I missed all them good Chandler movies!

miker