Re: RARA-AVIS: Crumley

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 09 Sep 2002

Judas Priest (after the judge or the band?) wrote:

"I just finished Bordersnakes. For me it was a downer compared to his earlier books - he was my hero for many years. What do you think of Bordersnakes?"

I'll go you one earlier. I was disappointed by Mexican Tree Duck and thought even less of Bordersnakes, which struck me as a rambling mess. I thought this was a damn shame considering I rate Last Good Kiss is one of the best PI novels ever, and Dancing Bear was almost as good. I've heard that his new one is something of a return to form, but I'll wait for the paperback.

Mark