Re: RARA-AVIS: Question for the list

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Sep 2002

<<I've never read the series you mentioned. If nobody else here has read it, then you can pretty safely assume that it's not hardboiled.>>

That conclusion is suspect. Lots of books get published every year, many of which could be called hardboiled. Who can keep up? Even assuming that raravians only read hardboiled crime novels (I doubt it), coverage of everything would take unusual dedication. Not even a Klausner could do it. It's better that way. We need overlooked and forgotten masters and mistresses.

Regards,

MrT

=====
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." Mark Twain