RARA-AVIS: Question for the list

From: Jan Long ( janlong821@earthlink.net)
Date: 08 Sep 2002

I'm still relatively new to this list, and I've been trying to get a feel for where you all draw the line between hard-boiled and, say, medium- or soft-boiled.

Has anyone here read Barbara Block's Robin Light series? If so, how would you classify these? This series was originally recommended to me by someone who knows I like animals, since the protagonist owns a pet store, but these are definitely not cozies. (In fact, even the pet store isn't cozy. Instead of cute little kitties or doggies, the place seems to deal basically with things reptilian.)

Also, the acknowledgments in the fourth book read, in part, that she'd like to thank "...my son, Larry Block, for taking the time to read my manuscript and offer suggestions." Does anyone know if this is "THE" Larry Block?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Jan