Re: RARA-AVIS: Nevada Barr

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 07 Sep 2002

My favorite is Liberty Falling, which takes place in New York City. To me, nature seems most powerful when it's destroying concrete, one rootlet at a time. Great images of greenery overwhelming buildings. There's another one with bears, the name of which escapes me, that had me squeak out loud during one particular scary passage.
    Cozy? nah. She's a loner, tough, and she gets physically battered by forest fires and icy Great Lakes water.

Joy