Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Leonard's Pagan Babies

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 06 Sep 2002

In a message dated 9/6/02 3:09:29 PM, metroy@tamu.edu writes:

<< It was a fast read with some funny, disturbing and memorable passages, but I don't rate it as highly as Mr. T does. >>

    What I rate high is Leonard's almost unmatched skill in creating interesting people and situations, and bringing them into full round as he tells their stories through minimal description and masterful dialogue. He delivers with accuracy the intensity and intimacy of sexual attraction, rolls out the tension in dangerously adversarial relationships, and displays the raw horror of violent acts. He did it in "Out of Sight," he did it in "Pagan Babies," and he's done it at least twenty other times in the marvelous family of hard-boiled tales he's sent our way over the years.

                                        Jim Blue