Re: RARA-AVIS: Texas Wind

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 06 Sep 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: < abc@wt.net> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 1:11 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Texas Wind

> Texas Wind was published at just about the end of Manor
> Books' run. (Rumors that James was responsible for the fall
> of Manor Books are unfounded.)

I think it may well have been the very last book they ever published. What more evidence do you need? We won't even mention all the Western series I've killed off.

  If Texas Wind was
> distributed at all, it wasn't distributed very well, and
> probably only a few copies were sold. Those of us who were
> lucky enough to get one at the time (1981?) have clung to
> our copies with considerable tenacity.
>
> Bill Crider

It was distributed. A few copies showed up on newsstands in the Fort Worth area. But there aren't many copies floating around out there these days, that's for sure.

Best, James