Re: RARA-AVIS: Texas Wind

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 06 Sep 2002

> Bottom line is that I'm figuring that this book is
> by "our" James Reasoner, here on the list. Good god,
> James, did you see the company you're keeping with
> the others on the Gorman list? It's a Who's Who of
> the hardboiled/noir masters. You da man!
>
> thanks, miker

Thanks right back at ya, miker. Yeah, Ed has always liked that book. The other TEXAS WIND is one of the Gunsmith series. J.R. Roberts is Bob Randisi
(at least most of the time). I'm pretty sure Bob wrote the Gunsmith with that title. I've read it and didn't mind the duplication of the title. As Bill Crider mentioned, my TEXAS WIND is a PI novel, as well as my first novel. An homage to Ross Macdonald, if you will. (Or as a reader once said to a friend of mine who ran a bookstore at the time, "He just ripped off everything in the Lew Archer books!")

Best, James