RE: RARA-AVIS: Texas Wind

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 06 Sep 2002

Bill Crider said: Just in case James Reasoner is too modest (Ha!) to say anything in his own right, I'll jump in here and say that TEXAS WIND, the one by James Reasoner, not the one by J. R. Roberts, is a classic Texas private-eye tale. It's not a western. It was published by Manor Books in 1981 (I think), and it's very hard to find. I didn't know there was another book by that title. Surely J. R. Roberts knew of James' book when he published his western with the same title, but sometimes authors don't get to choose their titles.

******** Thanks, Bill. You kept me from buying the wrong book. And you're right. It is very hard to find. I can't find it at Amazon, Powell's or Abebooks.

miker