RE: RARA-AVIS: Charles William, Man on a Leash

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 05 Sep 2002

Ed Lynskey wrote: I have a hold on Charles Williams' _Man on a Leash_. I read on a web site it was his last title and not a Gold Medal book. This leads me to wonder if this was a cast-off and worth a read. Opinions?

*********** Hi, Ed. It was his last book. And I'm not sure what a cast-off is, but from what I've heard, Williams got out of the Gold Medal brand because of reduced sales and interest, and started getting some hardback first editions. I'm not sure about the quality of MAN ON A LEASH. I went back thru the Gorman essay on him in MURDER OFF THE RACK, and it doesn't say much.