RARA-AVIS: Marianne wants a man

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 03 Sep 2002

Marianne said: I've collected several votes so far (from men) for Rozan and for Jan Burke, and am almost beginning to see what I'm looking for. You will all deduce that I am furrowing my brow over a new male character. Please, carry on - if you can - because it's extremely useful. I rather like new men, frankly, but I want mine to be a male. I am surprised at how few suggestions I'm getting, by the way.

************** In general, I think that women have a fairly good idea about how both men and women are. Men, on the other hand, have no idea about either. ;-)

wandering: Who was it that wrote that short review of Chavarria's ADIOS MUCHACHOS? I got it and it's a blast. I've read SANCTUARY and I've almost finished SNARL OF THE BEAST, and I just couldn't go on to Whitfield's GREEN ICE or Gardner's VELVET CLAWS from there. I needed a change of pace. I just about forgot that some books can make you laugh out loud.

wandering further: Went to see "The Bourne Identity" yesterday with the family. Best damn movie I've seen in a long time. The family complained that they didn't understand it, even though I explained a couple key things during the movie. That probably didn't help them any, did it? ;-) It was great to see a thriller with some insight into some cool techniques instead of just a bunch of ass-kicking and shooting. Hey! Maybe this was a police procedural! Does the "police" in "police procedural" extend to the sheriff's office? The FBI? The CIA? Other covert organizations that "police" the world?

miker