Re: RARA-AVIS: Anybody read this one?

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 03 Sep 2002

On 3 September 2002, abc@wt.net wrote:

: HARDBOILED MYSTERY WRITERS:
: Raymond Chandler, Dashiell Hammett, Ross Macdonald
: Matthew J. Bruccoli & Richard Layman, editors
: Carroll & Graf Trade pb 8/02

I just picked it up last week. It's a reprint from 1989 (or so) so I imagine some rare birds already have it. It's got bibliograhies, hard-to-find articles by the three writers (early Chandler poetry, letters to BLACK MASK by Hammett, etc.), photos, magazine and book covers, ms. reproductions, biographies, the works. It looks great. It even has pictures of all the places Hammett lived in Frisco.

Bill

P.S. I say "Frisco" knowing people there hate it, but I don't care.