Re: RARA-AVIS: George and cozies

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Sep 2002

I once picked up a novel by E. George and almost gave up after a couple of chapters. I finished it, wincing every so often. The plot was OK, but the writing and the situations were pretentious and psychologically unreal (woolly, to be precise).

I discussed the George case with a knowledgeable mystery fan who told me that the style I noticed is typical of George,
*and* that it's what sells her books. After that, I never went back for more. By the way, her work struck me as well below the level of the typical authors we discuss here. Well, maybe it's on the same level as Duhart, as reported by Captain Bill...

Regards,

MrT

=====
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." Mark Twain