RARA-AVIS: George and cozies

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 02 Sep 2002

I get hand-me-downs of that series, which BTW is a police procedural and thus very suitable for discussion this month. The only interesting character is Barbara Havers (SP?), and the others--male and female--are nincompoops IMHO. Anyway, you shouldn't judge a book by its movie.
    But the more interesting part of your comments is that cozies rule. DorothyL has been awash for months with news of the cancellation of various cozy series, and the rationale offered is that only thrillers are best-sellers and there isn't a market for cozies.

Joy, who notes that cozies don't have semi-disrobed young men holding vials of poison on the cover

Frederick Zackel < fzackel@wcnet.org> commented: