RARA-AVIS: Owen Parry

From: William Hagen ( billha47@hotmail.com)
Date: 30 Aug 2002

We had an earlier exchange about Owen Parry, who writes rather authentic mysteries set in the Civil War. Believe it was under the heading of 19th Century Washington, when we were doing different cities as themes.

Anyway, got the following from another Parry fan, with a link to a very good Wash. Post article on the author, for those interested.

No, he's not noir or hard boiled exactly, but he's the real thing. --Bill Hagen
----------------------------- Am reading Owen Parry's first novel, Faded Coat of Blue. Was alerted to this author by a wonderful profile of the author, aka Ralph Peters, by The Washington Post, on Aug. 12. Had never heard of him. Luckily our local library had a copy of the book. What a delightful writer! And how he weaves history into his narrative. I'm looking forward to reading his other novels, with Abel Jones as his protaganist. In fact, found the your comments on Parry when I searched the Net for more information on Swampoodle, the Irish neighborhood of D.C.

Here's the Post article:

< http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6961-2002Aug12.html>

Pat

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx