Re: RARA-AVIS: two by elmore leonard

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 28 Aug 2002

In a message dated 8/28/02 7:04:15 AM, Robison_M@crane.navy.mil writes:

<< I've been trying to decide why they chose to do a movie

version of BLOODWORK instead of one of the Bosch novels.

Although BLOODWORK is a good book, the Bosch novels seem

to contain more of the tension and dynamic plotting that

the moviemakers and moviegoers seem to desire. >>

it's not an either/or situation. each project takes its own laborious path to production and eventual release. there are in fact, Bosch projects in development at least. I love Harry Bosch, but for my money, the Connelly novel with the most cinematic potential is the stand alone thriller The Poet.

I enjoyed the Eastwood version of Blood Work for the most part, although the incredibly miscast Paul Rodriquez did his best to try and ruin it all on his own. thought the movie was the sort of project the younger Paul Newman would have been great in.

John Lau