Re: RARA-AVIS: You gotta love it.

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Aug 2002

<<I'll bet the follow-up to this will be a paper on "Anal Fixation in Chandler's Work," in which the author will count the number of "ass"references - omitting himself from the tally, no doubt.>>

I like the studies that take a long time to conclude the obvious. For example, you could apply the most advanced tools of deconstruction, computational linguistics, and literary theory in order to conclude, many pages and one budget later, that Fredric Brown must have liked the sauce.

Some years ago, a curious study was reported in the New York Times. Two universities concluded, after spending a large amount of money, that "a majority of people are afraid of death". In a more recent one that I came across, the conclusion was that "after a honeymoon period that may last from months to several years, there is a decrease in the sexual attraction of many married couples". The same study assured us that "on the average, stress makes marital life difficult".

Boy, do we need these guys...

Best,

MrT

=====
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." Mark Twain