Re: RARA-AVIS: Friedrich Durrenmatt

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Aug 2002

These novels are moody but not noir because they are realistic, even objective, despite the existentialist background. What I most remember is the literary quality and the clear-headed pessimistic atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend this author and his books. It's good to be ready in case we ever run out of Gold Medals and undiscovered pulpsters. Raravian retirement is a hard phase, I'm sure.

Regards,

MrT

=====
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." Mark Twain