Re: "The Deep Blue Goodbye" (Was: Re: RARA-AVIS: Gold Medal question)

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Aug 2002

--- Brian Thornton < tieresias@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> At 08:46 PM 8/4/02 +0100, you wrote:
> I'm a big fan of McGee. I *loved* "The Deep Blue
> Goodbye". Who else is a
> McGee fan? I confess I haven't read all the McGee
> novels. What are your
> favorites? I thought "The Scarlet Ruse" was superb
> as well.
>
> Brian

I'm a big fan of McGee too -- an unabashed fanboy, in fact. DEEP BLUE GOODBYE was the first hardboiled crime novel I ever read.

I *highly* recommend A DEADLY SHADE OF GOLD, which is as close as JDM got to an "epic" McGee story, BRIGHT ORANGE FOR THE SHROUD, which has my favorite McGee villain, Boo Waxwell, and THE LONG LAVENDER LOOK, probably my favorite of the series.

But truthfully I like/love them all. :)

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com