Re: RARA-AVIS: Dallas Blue - was Terry Marlow

From: Ed Poe ( eddyapoe@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Aug 2002

Doug Swanson, a reporter with the Dallas Morning News, wrote a series of PI novels set in Dallas. The first one came out in 1994 or 1995. The hero was named Jack Flippo and was an ex assistant DA who got caught sleeping with somebody important's wife.

They were pretty good, but the last one came out in 2000 I think, and there haven't been anymore since.

I've read a couple of the Abshire books, though a long time ago. I enjoyed them as I recall, they were darker and less humerous than Swanson's stuff.

I don't know of any geographical list of books. Interesting concept though.

--Ed