Re: RARA-AVIS: Who's O'Hara ?

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 07 Aug 2002

> O'Hara also wrote "Pal Joey", and I've heard third-hand that several
of the
> 50s paperback authors cited him as an influence, as well as the
> social-realist writers of the Depression.
>
> Graham

I've read many comments around the place about how big an influence O'Hara was on JDM & fellow GM author Vin Packer & he was cited by other GM authors such as Harry Whittington, IIRC. I've only read APPOINTMENT AT SAMARA & PAL JOEY, both of which I liked quite a bit. It was on the strength of the O'Hara references that I recommended him to my wife, who'd read all our JDM books at least twice. She has now read every O'Hara book I could find.

Rene