Re: RARA-AVIS: Cross-country killing spree

From: George C. Upper III ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Aug 2002

--- abc@wt.net wrote:
> George, if you're talking about THE END OF THE
> NIGHT, it was
> published in hardcover first.

Bill, as always, is correct--I just found my copy. I remember picking it out of several JDM's to read early because of the particularly noirish cover. I think APRIL EVIL is probably my favorite of the JDM stand-alones I've read, but THE END OF THE NIGHT is another great one. The various points of view from which JDM writes demonstrate his incredible ability with characterization, if nothing else.

Bill, who is it in the Rhodes novels who collects Gold Medals? The funeral director? Is that who keeps feeding you this information?

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/