Re: RARA-AVIS: An opinion of John D. MacDonald

From: Brian Evankovich ( brianevankovich@hotmail.com)
Date: 06 Aug 2002

Georgie wrote:
>ON THE RUN would have>jumped to mind, but I had to go look up the
>title--the ending of this one is just fantastic, and dark, dark,
>dark. I have recently picked up a bunch of the
>non-McGees, and I'll probably use GM month as an
>excuse to jump ahead on my TBR shelf and read some of
>them.
>
>G.

My problem with ON THE RUN is the love story between the hero and the girl was so awful (in terms of dialolgue - very, very trite), I couldn't get through the book and stopped in the middle.

But for other John D. nailbiters, don't forget ONE MONDAY WE KILLED THEM ALL and SOFT TOUCH. Be patient with ONE MONDAY. It's slow but worth it; TOUCH has a great twist at the end. --Brian