Re: RARA-AVIS: Johnny Cool

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 06 Aug 2002

> By the way, the film's director/writer, Jim Jarmusch, was once in the
> band the Del Byzanteens, some of whose songs featured lyrics by Luc
> Sante, who later wrote the hardboiled non-fiction Low Life.
>
> Mark

Would you believe I used to own their record? At the time I had no idea who Jarmusch was (in fact I don't think he really was anyone yet). I suppose it would be a collectors item now although it probably found its way into the bargain bins of import record shops at the time. This is the first time I'd come across the Luc Sante connection although I've seen references to the Del Byzanteens in articles about Jarmusch.

Rene