RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS UK month

From: Charlie Williams ( cs_will@hotmail.com)
Date: 01 Aug 2002

Miker wrote:
>And don't forget that there's a whole big section of
>the population out there that scoffs at us sitting
>around reading our tough-guy novels.

Ah but the serial killer is a mainstream commodity. Folks don't scoff at the mainstream. Not when it wears a panama and quaffs chianti.

OK, I guess I don't "scoff" at vampires. But they do bore me. I've stared at them for so long the effect has gone. It's not about believing in them. It's about accepting the metaphor. Buffy and Angel? Come on. Laurel K. Hamilton?

Not for me thanks.

>I take it from this post that you don't believe in
>vampires and werewolves?

Werewolves? Werewolves scare the SHIT out of me.

---
Charlie Williams