RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled/Noir Commentary and Criticism

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 31 Jul 2002

Al said:
> If by any chance this is "Murder Off the Rack", you'll find it at
> www.barnesandnoble.com. It's in stock, ships in 24 hours and retails at
> $29.50. I ordered a copy which was shipped out to me about six weeks ago,
> so I guess it might turn up sometime during August.

************************************* Thanks, Al! Although that isn't specifically the collection I was looking at, it might still have the essay in it that I was looking for. It was a Bill Crider essay about Mickey Spillane. Hell, Al. I need to check it out anyway. Even if it doesn't have that specific essay in it, I might still be interested in it.

Here recently I've been interested in some books of literary criticism and commentary on hardboiled/noir. I got the _Lurid Hardboiled_, and I've been reading it like a catalog, jumping around in it instead of reading from beginning to end. And I got a book called _The American Novel of Vio- lence_, by Shaw. I read Dr. Shaw's comments on Cain's _The Postman Always Rings Twice_ and wondered if we read the same book.

miker