Re: RARA-AVIS: First Joe Gores novel

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 30 Jul 2002

On 30 July 2002, JIM DOHERTY wrote:

: However, DKA's first run-in with the Gypsy clan was in a short story.
: The title escapes me at the moment, but it's included in the DKA short
: story collection STAKEOUT ON PAGE STREET

There's a Gypsy fortune-teller in GONE, NO FORWARDING, too, which I think is the one before 32 CADILLACS. Larry Ballard (?) is tracing someone and meets her and becomes enraptured.

Joe Gores seems like the kind of guy who'd make a fantastic dinner guest.

Bill