Re: RARA-AVIS: Foreign HB novels

From: markhall@gol.com
Date: 30 Jul 2002

>And although there aren't as many words in them, a whole lot of foreign
>comic books and manga have ben published here. What's going on when
>comic book readers (not putting them down, I'm one) are more open to
>foreign works than book readers?
>
>Mark

In terms of the translation costs though, there is usually a lot less to translate in a comic versus than a book. Also, at least for the Japanese material, a comic/manga has to tell a story and advance the plot; stories on the other hand can spend an immense amount of pages just setting the mood/tone...

Later, MEH