RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4#423

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 28 Jul 2002

Male/male love doesn't unequivocally equal male/male sex. Frankly, we are so far off-topic with this that it goes beyond even my liberal stretch of the concept.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

Send your femme fatale stories to Judas by 27 September 2002.
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/
-----Original Message----- From: Brian Thornton Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 9:57 PM
In fact, male/male love was prevalent amongst the aristocrats, and seen as something of a rite of passage in some cases. There was no stigma attached as long as it was also a mentoring type relationship between an older, more experienced man and a younger (though still adult) one who was wooed with gifts, and as long as the relationship ended with the marriage of either (usually the elder man).