RE: RARA-AVIS: Digest V4#423

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 28 Jul 2002

Hhmmm ... that's a very prejudicial statement don't you think? Regardless of what you think, I judge any and all on merit not bias. I wasn't raised within a biased environment. I have absolutely no prejudicial opinions on race, sex, ethnicity, or sexual preference. Ignorance and inequality, however, my mother was very apt at teaching me to avoid. I can't help if my personal observations disagree within anyone else's, but having a different view hardly qualifies as evidence of having a closed view.

I thought we were dropping this discussion. Achilles was not hard-boiled, he lacks the very cynicism which dominates the personality of a true hard-boiled character. I've never disagreed that he--as presented in the myth--is a hero nor that whether or not his homosexuality was a positive or negative condition. My point and the point which I remain holding is that sexual preference is irrelevant. It doesn't make Achilles more or less of a hero. It has nothing to do with it period.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

Send your femme fatale stories to Judas by 27 September 2002
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/
-----Original Message----- From: Rene Ribic Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 9:36 PM
Of course, it came from a "gay" website, so Anthony, for one, will automatically discredit it but I personally found no evidence that the other information on the site (http://gsaglobal.net/theoutlife/encyclopedia/a.html) was inaccurate.