RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #420

From: Marianne Macdonald ( marianne.macdonald@lineone.net)
Date: 26 Jul 2002

On Friday, July 26, 2002, at 03:50 PM, RARA-AVIS Digest wrote:

> Arthur? Hardly a model. Ineffectual at solving a domestic
> situation. Often cranky. Very likely did not satisfy his
> wife sexually (too busy with work and hanging out with the
> boys).

Sounds like a police procedural to me.

What we are talking about in ancient Greece was something like a buddy system. The older man trained and defended the younger man in battle, educated him, encouraged him - had a kind of paternal role. No doubt if some enemy murdered the younger one he would go to the wall avenging him, and hang the Maltese falcon, the femme fatale, and everything else.

Marianne