Re: RARA-AVIS: The Hitch-Hiker/Geoffrey Homes

From: Scott Owen ( scottaowen@hotmail.com)
Date: 24 Jul 2002

My personal experiences with Homes have been (save the outstanding BUILD MY GALLOWS HIGH/OUT OF THE PAST) uniformly negative. His specialty seems to have been standard genre "light-boiled" '40s style mysteries with minimal interest for the HB buff. Wasn't the consensus of our last discussion that GALLOWS was what he wanted to write & the others what he had to to keep the proverbial pot boiling?

I am curious as to what story "The Hitch-hiker" was based on.

--Scott