RARA-AVIS: Cluefest

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 24 Jul 2002

I spent last weekend in Dallas (OK, Plano) at Cluefest. A very small regional convention. Had a great time, though, and snapped up a nice copy of INSIDE SINANJU at the big Half-Price Books. Also met a rara-avian lurker, interviewed Rick Riordan (who's nominated for an Anthony for THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO AUSTIN [note on-topic reference]), found out that my wife and I are nominated for a short story we did, and got to be on several entertaining panels. (They might not have entertained the audience, but I had fun.) Now I'm looking forward to Bouchercon.

Bill Crider