RE: RARA-AVIS: Mr T's tease

From: Charlie Williams ( cs_will@hotmail.com)
Date: 24 Jul 2002

Miker wrote:
>now i'm certain that folks can point out any number of brit hardboiled
>novels where the characters are going at it like rabbits

and also:

>i've got derek raymond's _he died with his eyes open_.
>from what i hear, there's not a lot of laughs in it, either.

You have in your hands there an example of a British HB novel where the characters go at it like rabbits... kind of. Are rabbits generally happy when they go at it? If so, these ain't rabbits.

While I'm on it, I've gotta say He Died With His Eyes Wide Open really affected me. It's rare that an author eschews everything else in pursuit of the truth. If Raymond did nothing else, he did that.

---
Charlie Williams