Re: RARA-AVIS: Jonathan Yardley's wow of an article

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Jul 2002

--- Frederick Zackel < fzackel@wcnet.org> wrote:
> Jonathan Yardley is an eminent critic/book reviewer at the
> Washington Post.
> His essay last Sunday giving an aerial view of American lit
> for the past 130
> years is fascinating and thoughtful. One of his paragraphs
> worth perusing
> is as follows:

Having lived in the Washington, DC-area for a long time and followed Mr. Yardley's review columns, I was surprised and enhearted to see him mention Mosley, Willeford, Pelecanos, Lippman, Higgins, and others. Given the small space (4K words, I think) he had to write in, he touched on some of the noteworthy authors, but certainly not all of them. It was good ink for PI novels and crime fiction.

Ed Lynskey

=====