Re: RARA-AVIS: Friends of Eddie Coyle/dialogue

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 18 Jul 2002

In a message dated 7/18/02 5:17:58 AM, e_lynskey@yahoo.com writes:

<< What impressed me most was the dialogue if just for its original and freshness. >>

    I guess it doesn't feel as original and fresh to some who are seeing it for the first time today, just as the impact of Higgins' early work is now sometimes lost on those just coming to it.
    I sometimes meet young people who say they've just read Coyle and it's good, but it sounds like a lot of other stuff, better maybe, but not all that original. At the time he did it, it was mind blowing. No one had captured
"the life" to the degree that he did. Leonard and Pelecanos and J.G. Dunne and many of the other best among today's writer's owe more to George V. than to anyone else who came before them. George lives.

                                    Jim Blue