Re: RARA-AVIS: Donald Goines

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Jul 2002

<<I would have been surprised to see on Goines book there, much less 27.>>

Maybe the secret is to keep the books in print, as Holloway House has done so doggedly. Because of the tax laws on inventory, publishers are remaindering books way too soon, before the public has even heard about them or word-of-mouth has had time to work. The same is true, and even worse, of music recordings. That provision of the law needs to change: it's harmful not just to authors and publishers but to our culture. Several times I've asked a library to buy a recent book, only to find out that it's no longer available.

Best regards,

MrT