RARA-AVIS: Pushing me to read Abel and Gores

From: Andres Kabel ( kabel@bigpond.net.au)
Date: 16 Jul 2002

I've loved reading the to-and-fro about Joe Gores. I read Come Morning and Dead Man years ago and loved them, but Gores' books are mighty hard to get in Australia, so even after I noticed good feedback on Cons, Scams & Grifts, I gave up trying to get it after a couple of attempts. Now the discussion spurred me to try again, and I've just ordered the paperback of Cons via Amazon.

And Kenneth Abel! Cold Steel Rain has sat on my To Read pile for two years. Chris Martin's accolades, particularly a comparison to Thomas H. Cook, one of my faves, have sent me to pluck the book from the pile and start reading. And I'll get hold of The Burying Field, another one of those that has slipped under my guard here in Oz.

Thanks, Andres Kabel