RARA-AVIS: Kenneth Abel's Cold Steel Rain

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Jul 2002

Hi Fellow Rara-Avians,

Just finished Kenneth Abel's Cold Steel Rain and enjoyed the dialogue and pacing. It's yet another novel set in New Orleans which I worried about at the beginning. However, the narrative stayed fresh and lively. I'm wondering if anyone else has read/has opinions on his other titles? Is this sort of novel considered hardboiled or more crime suspense?

Ed Lynskey

=====