RARA-AVIS: Bill Pronzini

From: PanThermyt@aol.com
Date: 06 Jul 2002

I just finished "Bleeders", the new "Nameless Detective" book and I had a question I hoped one of you might answer. The book is dedicated "For Bill Pronzini Without whom this series would never have been written". My first thought was that this book was written by someone else and attributed to Pronzinin, the same way they handled V. C. Andrews, but as far as I know, Bill Pronzini is still alive. Next I thought that Mr. Pronzini might have the same name as his father, but wouldn't he then say "To my father, Bill Pronzini"? Can it be that he is dedicating the book to himself? Does this happen often?