Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #383

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 03 Jul 2002

> On 7/3/02 1:00 AM, "RARA-AVIS Digest" < owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca>
wrote:

> > the film of POSTMAN ALWAYS TINGS TWICE a
>
> I'm sorry Rene -- you are a great guy and everyone makes a typo now
and
> then--but this one had me falling out of my chair laughing, especially
as it
> ties in with the recent thread on best bad titles. We could have a
creative
> contest, in which we invent some "bad" titles by changing a single
word of a
> well-known "good" title. Bonus points for changing a word to a synonym
> (loosely interpreted) e.g. The Postman Always Tinkles Twice, changing
to a
> rhyming word, and/or changing just one letter.
>
> Kate Derie

My spellchecker must have made a Freudian slip. (I mean to say, it's not like me to make a mistake, is it?) Makes you wonder about what goes on in the deeper recesses of artificial intelligence, don't it? I'll try to keep a closer eye on my software in future. It can't be trusted. I'd like to read what you think about the Peace novel/s. A few people whose taste I think highly of have recommended it & I'd be interested in seeing what other people think also. I don't think I've seen any of his stuff in the local bookshops & I'd like to know more about them, whether they'd be worth the expense of importing them.

Rene