RARA-AVIS: Title typo

From: Al Guthrie ( allanguthrie@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 03 Jul 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kate Derie" < katederie@mac.com>
> > the film of POSTMAN ALWAYS TINGS TWICE
>
> I'm sorry Rene -- you are a great guy and everyone makes a typo now and
> then--but this one had me falling out of my chair laughing, especially as
it
> ties in with the recent thread on best bad titles. We could have a
creative
> contest, in which we invent some "bad" titles by changing a single word of
> well-known "good" title. Bonus points for changing a word to a synonym
> (loosely interpreted) e.g. The Postman Always Tinkles Twice, changing to a
> rhyming word, and/or changing just one letter.

How can I resist?

THE BARBAROUS COATS (Ross MacDonald's THE BARBAROUS COAST) THE CREAM IS DEADLY (Carter Brown's THE DREAM IS DEADLY) ROGUE MOP (William McGivern's ROGUE COP) PUP 1280 (Jim Thompson's POP 1280) TRIAL BY JURY (Craig Rice's TRIAL BY FURY - bonus point?) NIGHT SQUID (David Goodis's NIGHT SQUAD) ONE MONDAY WE FILLED THE MALL (JDM's ONE MONDAY WE KILLED THEM ALL) DEATH'S SWEET PONG (Clifton Adam's DEATH'S SWEET SONG)

I'll stop now.

Al