RARA-AVIS: Eastwood adaptations

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 03 Jul 2002

>Wow, they haven't even struck the answer print for BLOOD WORK yet and
>you've already managed to write it and MYSTIC RIVER off as duds. You >must
have a great crystal ball.

I've heard very little buzz about "Blood work," the trailer is terrible
(both times I've seen it in the theater, the audience groaned audibly), Eastwood's last hit was what? Bridges of Madison County?, and it's not unusual to hear preproduction and casting news about films that never get made. That's all I'm saying. The "Blood Work" film may be great. The
"Mystic" film may be great - Helgeland cowrote LA Confidential, but he also cowrote "Payback" and the "Postman". What is pretty clear if this casting info is correct is that the "Mystic" film will depart significantly from the book. If Eastwood's directing and Eastwood's playing a character who's either minor or nonexistent in the book, it's pretty likely that the focus of the film will change substantially.

That's all. I'd love to be wrong, and your point that Eastwood can make anything he wants is probably true.

carrie

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx