Re: RARA-AVIS: re: Chandler radio show

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 03 Jul 2002

Rene Ribic wrote:

> (On the topic of Ellroy's "recommendations" I recently read list-guy
> Terrill Lankford's ANGRY MOON. I also liked it but I did read it,
> something I'm not at all sure Ellroy could say. Nice work, Terrill.

Thanks, Rene. But Ellroy read (and blurbed) SHOOTERS, not ANGRY MOON.

(I was afraid to ask him if he actually read the book before he blurbed it, but he put my fears to rest by discussing it in some detail with me one night and I later became aware that he was recommending the book at some of his signings back in '97 or '98.)

> It's
> funny, I saw a photo of Terrill & miker together but I had them
> confused. Seeing the pic on the dustcover I realise Terrill is the one
> with the beard. (miker's caption said that he was the "fat one" but I
> couldn't work out which one that was meant to be. Not that they both
> looked fat, they both look pretty average).

I'll take average any day. I guess miker's caption has everyone thinking he's me and I'm him. I probably outweigh him by 30 pounds.

TL