RARA-AVIS: UKHB, was Crime Scene 2002

From: Scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 02 Jul 2002

Just had a look at the site, and if I can drag myself away from Gloucestershire - I am due to be playing in a charity football match on July 13 (not that you care) - I will try and attend some.

One question posed on the preview site for discussion that might be worthy of airing here as well is, can British authors follow in the American hard-boiled tradition? I can see no reason why they shouldn't be able to, but how many do so succesfully? Is HB so rooted in US culture that it looses something in translation? Personally I don't think so, but others may wish to differ.

Colin.

Colin.