RARA-AVIS: best titles

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 26 Jun 2002

gotta put in a word for "King Suckerman". I blithely assumed it was a real film at first, just sounds so perfect. and though I've never read it,
"After Dark, My Sweet" is a great title -

by the way, I've always assumed it was Dorothy Sayers' "Five Red Herrings" that popularized the expression in relation to mysteries, though I've always heard the hunting explanation for the etymology. This may have been said but I seem to be missing some posts recently -

carrie