Re: RARA-AVIS: Mitchum on Chandler

From: Kerry Schooley ( gsp.schoo@skylinc.net)
Date: 20 Jun 2002

At 05:45 PM 20/06/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>| One of the writers he met was a rising star of private eye
>| fiction, Raymond Chandler, author of THE BIG SLEEP and FAREWELL,
>| MY LOVELY. "I wasn't sure what to make of him," Mitchum would
>| recall. "I thought he affected a British accent, and he was
>| always wearing white gloves ... a nice guy, but distant,
>| suspicious of everybody."

You haven't found a place in TO that sells those white gloves, by any chance, Bill? I hear they're good for playing piano too.

Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com