RARA-AVIS: Vince Passaro

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 18 Jun 2002

I had my wisdom removed teeth last Thursday, which gave me ample time to read while icing my jaw throughout last weekend. The highlights included CITY OF BONES, WIDOW'S WALK (the new Spenser) and VIOLENCE, NUDITY, ADULT CONTENT by Vince Passaro.

I don't beleive I've seen the Passaro book discussed here. The title seems glib to me, though the book is anything but that. The amazon.com promotional blurbs try to position it as a legal thriller, which it is not either as the plot seems to matter much less than the atmosphere. It reminded me a bit of HOLLOWPOINT, which I mentioned here before, though I don't remember if anyone else liked it or not. Anyway, this one stood out to me and I'd be interested to know if others have read Passaro and what they think.

Off to look for titles by Kenneth Abel, Chris