RE: RARA-AVIS: Scottish UK noir

From: Anderson, Erick (ETW) ( Erick.Anderson@Nike.com)
Date: 17 Jun 2002

Hi Colin and Miker and all -- I haven't read it [the Brookmyre story], but would the story have suffered if it hadn't been written that way? I can't think of another reason to do it. It's a gripe I've had in the past, as well. You're tripping merrily along through a story when the author reinserts himself into the story with some device.

Miker's comments remind me of a book I re-read not long ago, where the author invented a slang language for the dialogue. By the time I got to the end of A Clockwork Orange, I could gavoreet Nadsat real horrorshow.

Best Regards, Erick