Re: RARA-AVIS: git/Target Blue

From: Jim Beaver ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 14 Jun 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrie Pruett" < pruettc@hotmail.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 5:59 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: git/TJ Parker

> >Should have added that I think Alf Garnett was transposed to US TV as
> > >Archie Bunker (??)
>
> and "scouse git" was apparently transposed to US TV as "meathead." see
> what I mean, just not the same :)

Any relation to the Monkees' song "Randy Scouse Git?"

Obligatory On-Topic stuff: I just picked up a copy of Target Blue by Terry Marlow (Richard Abshire & William Claire), and it is indeed the same book as Dallas Police, which apparently was the German edition title. Haven't read it yet, but the review quotes on the covers suggest a near-masterpiece. I must presume it isn't quite, since I've never heard it discussed. But I'll give it a try soon and decide for myself. As I'm going to Dallas tomorrow, that seems like a good time to read a Dallas book.

Jim Beaver